McAllen is the largest city in Hidalgo County, which has a population of about 628,000 people. McAllen’s economy relies heavily on tourism and agricultural sectors as well as manufacturing activities The median income for an area resident is just over $35,000 per year.
The “things to do in McAllen, Texas” is a question that has been asked many times. There are many things to do in the city of McAllen at night.
- On the 17th floor, there is a mezzanine. 0.8 miles There are four reviews for this book. Lounges, cocktail bars, and dance clubs all cost money.
- The Yard is a place where you may relax and unwind 1.0 miles There have been ten reviews.
- Ultra Discotheque Brujeria 0.8 miles There is just one review.
- The Flying Walrus is a fictional character. There are 14 reviews for this location, which is located at a distance of 0.9 mi.
- Praga is a nightclub in Praga, Slovakia. 0.8 miles Clubs where you may dance.
- Bodega Tavern & Kitchen. 1.2 mi. 100 reviews.
- Deloreans. 21 reviews in 1.9 mi
- Buzz is one of my favorites. 0.9 miles Cocktail lounges.
People often wonder, “What is there to do today in McAllen, Texas?”
In McAllen, TX, there are 13 things to do.
- International Museum of Art & Science. © International Museum of Art & Science.
- McAllen Nature Center, McAllen, Texas. McAllen Nature Center. McAllen Nature Center. McAllen Nature Center. McAllen Nature Center. McAllen Nature Center. McAllen Nature Center. Mc
- McAllen Heritage Center is located in McAllen, Texas.
- McAllen Farmer’s Market is a weekly market in McAllen, Texas.
- McAllen, Texas’ Nuevo Santander Gallery.
- 7.La Plaza Shopping Center.
- McAllen, Texas’s Earth Born Market.
- New Park and Spray Ground in McAllen.
What are your plans for the weekend in the RGV?
- Fun for the whole family. Center for Ice Skating.
- Parks & Outdoors. Firemen’s Park. McAllen Nature Center. McAllen Farmers Market.
- Arts & Culture. Arts District. Fine Arts & Performing Arts. McAllen Public Library.
- Museums & History. McAllen Heritage Center is located in McAllen, Texas.
What is McAllen Texas renowned for, as well?
McAllen, Texas, is full of unexpected finds. McAllen, Texas, has long been well-known in bird watching circles, despite being just five miles from the US-Mexico border. It also houses the National Butterfly Center, which houses over 200 kinds of butterflies, many of which are uncommon.
Is McAllen, Texas, a safe place to visit?
McAllen Mayor Jim Darling remarked in a municipal press release that “McAllen continues to be known as a safe city, because it is a safe community.” According to the website, just 85 violent crimes were recorded per 100,000 people in McAllen in 2018.
Answers to Related Questions
What is the distance between McAllen and the beach?
McAllen, located 70 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, draws water enthusiasts. Pedal boating or kayaking on the metro area’s Town Lake at Fireman’s Park, as well as day visits to the beach, are popular weekend activities.
When does the parade in McAllen begin?
What cities are near McAllen, Texas?
Granjeno is to the southwest; Mission, Palmhurst, and Alton are to the west; Edinburg, the Hidalgo county seat, is to the north; Pharr is to the east; and Hidalgo is to the south. The city borders of McAllen extend southwest to the Rio Grande, just north of Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico.
Is it a decent location to live in McAllen, Texas?
After living in three different places in the Rio Grande Valley, McAllen is by far my favorite. South Padre Island is about an hour away, and the people are kind. The nightlife is fantastic, and the weather is pleasant. There’s a lot to do here; it has the sense of a major metropolis but with the friendliness of a little town.
What can you do in Valley, Texas?
Rio Grande Valley TX Attractions
- National Shrine of Our Lady of San Juan Del Valle Basilica
- Coastal Studies Lab is a research facility that focuses on coastal issues.
- Rio Grande Valley Wing of the Commemorative Air Force.
- Dolphin Research & Sea Life Nature Center.
- Gladys Porter Zoo is a zoo dedicated to Gladys Porter.
- Harlingen Municipal Auditorium is a venue in Harlingen, Texas.
- The Iwo Jima Memorial is located on the island of Iwo Jima.
- La Lomita Mission is a mission in La Lomita, California.
Do hurricanes strike McAllen, Texas?
Hurricanes. In comparison to other South Texas towns closer to the Gulf of Mexico, McAllen has never experienced a major hurricane or storm, and is considered a low-risk region for such weather catastrophes. McAllen is a secure location remote from natural calamities.
Is Pharr, Texas, a safe place to visit?
Pharr has a 13 percent lower total crime rate than the national average. In Pharr, there are 6.18 daily crimes for per 100,000 inhabitants. Pharr has a lower crime rate than 44% of American cities. You have a one in 45 risk of being a victim of a crime in Pharr.
Is it possible to have snow in McAllen, Texas?
McAllen receives 0 inches of snow each year on average.
The average amount of snowfall in the United States is 28 inches per year.
What is the average temperature in McAllen, Texas?
Summers in McAllen are hot and unpleasant; winters are short, chilly, and dry; and the weather is windy and partly overcast all year. The temperature normally ranges from 52°F to 97°F throughout the year, with temperatures seldom falling below 39°F or rising over 102°F.
What is the distance between McAllen and the Mexican border?
According to US Census statistics, McAllen is eight miles from the Mexican border and is located in Hidalgo County, one of the country’s 30 poorest regions, with 34% of citizens living in poverty.
Is it a smart idea to retire to McAllen, Texas?
McAllen came out on top as the greatest city to retire. McAllen- According to personal finance website SmartAsset’s survey of retirement locations throughout the United States, McAllen is the finest area in the nation to retire because of its year-round sunlight, low expenses of living, and even lower taxes.
Is Uber a viable option in McAllen, TX?
Uber and Lyft are available in Mcallen, TX 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, depending on the availability of drivers in your region at the time of your request.
Is it safe to live in Mission, Texas?
Mission is a very secure place to call home. The local cops keep up with their duties and perform a good job. It is a really clean location with a pleasant atmosphere.
What is the distance between McAllen and Corpus Christi?
By automobile, the distance from Corpus Christi to McAllen is 121.70 miles (254.28 kilometers) in a southwest direction and 158 miles (254.28 kilometers) in a north-south direction. If you drive nonstop, the distance between Corpus Christi and McAllen is 2 hours 41 minutes.
Is it unsafe in Laredo, Texas?
Laredo has a 6 percent higher total crime rate than the national average. In Laredo, there are 7.53 daily crimes for per 100,000 residents. Laredo has a lower crime rate than 35% of American cities. You have a one in 37 chance of being a victim of any crime in Laredo.
Is McAllen Texas’s safest city?
Based on an independent research conducted by Bacgroundchecks.org, which used FBI crime data and a unique statistical formula to determine a city’s safety index score, McAllen has been named one of the safest cities in Texas once again.
Is Hidalgo, Texas, a safe place to visit?
Hidalgo has a crime rate that is 48% lower than the national average. In Hidalgo, there are 3.7 daily crimes for per 100,000 inhabitants. Hidalgo has a lower crime rate than 48% of American cities. You have a one in 74 chance of being a victim of any crime in Hidalgo.