One of the best times to take your children to a local clinic is when they are feeling well. On the other hand, whenever you notice that something is going wrong, you should visit a local clinic right away.
Having your kids checked out at a clinic early can prevent serious illnesses and injuries. This is because the staff at clinics are trained to recognize the signs and symptoms of medical problems that require immediate attention. In view of this, here are four reasons to seek medical care at your local clinic.
Notice Symptoms of an Allergic reaction
In general, when their skin is red or itching, it usually indicates that they may be allergic to something that they have eaten or touched with their skin. Normally, this type of allergic reaction is harmless and will only last for a short period of time.
On the other hand, when they are experiencing any of the following symptoms, they will need to seek medical attention at a children’s health clinic in Singapore.
· Dizziness or chest tightness
· Shortness of breath or noisy breathing ( i.e., wheezing )
· Choking sensation, hoarseness of voice, or difficulty swallowing
· Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, or diarrhea
If children have a fever, it may not be serious, especially when the fever starts to come down. However, it is important that you pay close attention to these issues, especially when you notice that the following occurs.
· Fever is 41°C or higher
· Become dehydrated because of throat pain
· No urine noticed for several hours
· Breathlessness or noisy breathing
Each of these symptoms may be related to other serious medical conditions that need to be addressed immediately.
Bleeding will not stop
Kids skin their knees and arms while playing all of the time. Or, they may step on something sharp and cut the bottom of their feet. In many cases, the bleeding that comes from these instances is minimal to none.
On the other hand, whenever the bleeding is severe, it may continue non-stop. In fact, additional medical care may be required. So, here is what you need to know about bleeding problems that need to be addressed with medicare.
· Bleeding keeps on flowing for 10 minutes, even when applying pressure.
· The cut is deep and wide.
· The cut is located on the face or on the neck
· The puncture is caused by glass, and you need to be removed.
Whenever little ones fall and hit their heads, no form of physical damage may be seen. However, head injuries can lead to serious brain damage depending on the region involved. This means you need to pay close attention to ensure no signs of other medical issues occur.
· Brief loss of consciousness
· Seems dizzy
· Won’t stop crying
· Vomits several times
· Bleeding or clear fluid is leaking from their mouth, ears, or nose
· Speech or vision is impaired
· Not walking or talking normally
Each one of these signs and symptoms indicates that immediate medical attention is needed at a nearby clinic.
Taking your kids to a clinic is a great way to ensure they get the best possible care. The doctor and their staff will be able to provide the medical treatment that is needed. Specifically, when they are suffering from a head injury that causes a brief loss of consciousness, a cut that continues to bleed profusely after 10 minutes or more, a temperature that is above 41C, or a serious allergic reaction from something that they have eaten or touched.